A bit about this project
I was asked by a co-worker for an example of using Selenium Web Browser Automation with C# so I wrote a quick example in C# with MSTest and DotNet Core and I posted it to Github.
Then I wrote this blog post to attempt to document how it works. Hope you enjoy!…
Shortly after writing my last post I started thinking of better ways to create a DotNet MVC Single Page application. So here it is.
First I tried translating this to Dot Net Core but unfortunately it doesn’t have a method for Request.IsAjaxRequest() and I’m not ninja enough to write my own yet (although I did try) so this example remains in C# Dot Net MVC 4.5.2.
**This post has been updated and source code linked on GitHub has been modified** See Here:
Because every new framework needs another “Hello World!”
I’ve been forcing myself to try and learn this new .Net Core and in the past I’ve wrote about writing C# code on Windows and running it in Linux using the Mono framework and recently I wrote about using .Net Core with Yeoman to start an MVC application.
This however is a much simpler example to start understanding the .Net Core framework.
***Scroll to bottom of article to see updated code with audio & video trancoding.***
The Raspberry Pi is not bad at hardware H264 encoding. It processed a 5.81GB 720P 60fps Mpeg Transport Stream that was an 1hr, 2min, 27seconds long and converted to H264 1280 x 720 60fps in 1hr, 38min, 57seconds with a resulting file size of 293MB.
The quality is a bit less than I’m used to with Handbrake and this is video only (still need to find out how to add audio to gstreamer transcoding). However for the quality it’s at it is an impressive speed for something the size of a credit card that consumes 5V1A of power and costs only $35.
Here’s how I was able to get the Raspberry Pi to get this far.
Tvheadend Post Processing with Commercial Removal, Transcoding, & Plex/Kodi Naming Convention
Bash Script is located here: