A bit about this project
I was asked by a co-worker for an example of using Selenium Web Browser Automation with C# so I wrote a quick example in C# with MSTest and DotNet Core and I posted it to Github.
Then I wrote this blog post to attempt to document how it works. Hope you enjoy!…
Overcoming “brackets : Depends: libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.5) but it is not installable”
Trying to install the code editor Brackets on Ubuntu 16.04 results in the above error. Luckily though there’s an easy fix and hopefully you won’t have to spend the time I did to find it.
Because every new framework needs another “Hello World!”
I’ve been forcing myself to try and learn this new .Net Core and in the past I’ve wrote about writing C# code on Windows and running it in Linux using the Mono framework and recently I wrote about using .Net Core with Yeoman to start an MVC application.
This however is a much simpler example to start understanding the .Net Core framework.
In here I intend to simply explain how to change the Plex database path in Ubuntu.
For a bit of background my Plex database is over 130GB in size (last I checked) and my boot drive is 80GB while my media drives are 3TB. Naturally storing the Plex database on the media drives (that get backed up to each other too) makes sense.
For those who don’t know C# is a Microsoft language and Visual Studio is a Microsoft IDE or Integrated Development Environment.
Due to Microsoft’s history of being a very proprietary closed-source company there’s a bit of a perception that you wouldn’t be able to compile Applications written in C# and run them in the Open Source world of Linux but I’m going to show you just how easy this has become with a very basic hello world example.
So no one else has to go down the troubleshooting path I went (Disable UAC, Disable Anti-Virus, Install as Admin, Install from Folder, etc.) here’s what worked for me to install Photoshop Elements 9 in Windows 10.
***Scroll to bottom of article to see updated code with audio & video trancoding.***
The Raspberry Pi is not bad at hardware H264 encoding. It processed a 5.81GB 720P 60fps Mpeg Transport Stream that was an 1hr, 2min, 27seconds long and converted to H264 1280 x 720 60fps in 1hr, 38min, 57seconds with a resulting file size of 293MB.
The quality is a bit less than I’m used to with Handbrake and this is video only (still need to find out how to add audio to gstreamer transcoding). However for the quality it’s at it is an impressive speed for something the size of a credit card that consumes 5V1A of power and costs only $35.
Here’s how I was able to get the Raspberry Pi to get this far.
Tvheadend Post Processing with Commercial Removal, Transcoding, & Plex/Kodi Naming Convention
Bash Script is located here:
This is my first whack at a Post Processing script for the TVHeadend DVR software.
It has it’s faults but it does work. I have future ambitions of creating a script complete with commercial removal and .nfo file generation for the Plex Media Server and Kodi (XBMC) to pick up.
So without further ado here’s a script that takes recording from TVHeadend and transcodes it to an h264/AAC mp4 file using the “Normal” preset in Handbrake(CLI).