This is going to be fun!
It was a Friday night and I was listing some things for sale on Craigslist when I did what I do every time I’m on Craigslist and that was to check the Free listings. Usually there’s a bunch of crap in there and anything worth its salt is gone in a blink of an eye.
Which is why I was amazed to see a Centipede arcade cabinet and thrilled when Continue reading
Shortly after writing my last post I started thinking of better ways to create a DotNet MVC Single Page application. So here it is.
First I tried translating this to Dot Net Core but unfortunately it doesn’t have a method for Request.IsAjaxRequest() and I’m not ninja enough to write my own yet (although I did try) so this example remains in C# Dot Net MVC 4.5.2.
***Scroll to bottom of article to see updated code with audio & video trancoding.***
The Raspberry Pi is not bad at hardware H264 encoding. It processed a 5.81GB 720P 60fps Mpeg Transport Stream that was an 1hr, 2min, 27seconds long and converted to H264 1280 x 720 60fps in 1hr, 38min, 57seconds with a resulting file size of 293MB.
The quality is a bit less than I’m used to with Handbrake and this is video only (still need to find out how to add audio to gstreamer transcoding). However for the quality it’s at it is an impressive speed for something the size of a credit card that consumes 5V1A of power and costs only $35.
Here’s how I was able to get the Raspberry Pi to get this far.
Tvheadend Post Processing with Commercial Removal, Transcoding, & Plex/Kodi Naming Convention
Bash Script is located here: